An overview of Grade 11 planning process:
- In October, every junior takes the PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test).
- Consider taking an SAT prep course.
- Attend Junior Parent/Junior Career Night.
- During the school year take the SAT Reasoning Test and/or the ACT. Take appropriate SAT Subject Tests at the end of the school year.
- Students will meet with their guidance counselor to identify a list of colleges for consideration.
- Parents are encouraged to meet with their son’s guidance counselor as well.
- Students should pursue appropriate summer programs and activities (e.g., SAT prep course, college study, special workshops, employment).
- Visit colleges to clarify likes and dislikes and to evaluate campus.