Finances 2014 - 2015
$12,075 (Catholics registered with the Norwich Diocese)
$12,325 (Catholics registered outside the Norwich Diocese)
$12,525 (Catholics Not Registered and Non-Catholics)
| Activity Fee
|| (All Students)
| Registration Fee
|| (New Student Registration Fee)
| Graduation Fee
|| (All Seniors)
| Busing Fee
|| (out of town busing)
| Parking Fee
|| (Juniors & Seniors driving to school)
| Sophomore Retreat
|| (All Sophomores)
Click here for a complete copy of the Tuition and Fee Contract 2014-2015 for additional information (sibling discounts, payment options and refund policy).
Approximately $600.00 (if books are bought new). Xavier High School is pleased to announce that we have partnered with an MBS Direct, an online book company. More information and a link to MBS Direct are available on our School Store Page.
MBS Direct will buy back used books at the end of each school year and offer used books for sale out of their inventory. We anticipate that this will make book sales much easier for our parents and students.
The Business Office may bill for other fees. No fees will be collected in class.
Incoming freshmen (class of 2018) must pay $500.00 (a $450.00 deposit and a $50.00 registration fee) non-refundable down payment by February 7, 2014 to hold their place in class. Three different payment plans are available and have been designed to assist parents in budgeting the tuition costs. For more specifics, stop by the Business Office.
(Information for the Class of 2019 and the 2015-2016 school year will be posted when it becomes available.)
We are pleased to offer you a convenient, online method to enroll for your payment plan with FACTS. Those families who are already enrolled with FACTS do not need to re-enroll. Click on the icon to access their site.
FINANCIAL AID FORMS for the 2015-2016 school year will be posted December 1, 2014. Please note – you will not automatically receive aid for the upcoming school year if you received aid this year. Applications are required for each school year. Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by March 13, 2015. If your application is not submitted on-time, you might not be considered for financial aid. Applicants must apply online at FACTS Grant & Aid Financial Needs Assessment. Incoming freshmen, Class of 2019, if you would like a preliminary estimate of financial aid before committing, contact Mr. Grasso, Director of Admissions. We will review your case upon request if all the documentation has been submitted online to FACTS.
Bus transportation is available to all Xavier students, while driving opportunities are available to all seniors and selected juniors based on available parking space.
For students living in Middletown, bus transportation is provided by Dattco Bus Company and is free of charge.
For students living outside of Middletown, bus transportation is provided by by Durham School Services Bus Company at a cost of $900. Students are picked up and dropped off at safe, centrally located bus stops.
For more information about bus transportation, please call 860-346-7735.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When is tuition payable?
A. There is a $500 non-refundable down payment due by April 6, 2015 (incoming freshmen Feb 6, 2015 - see above).
The remainder of the tuition is paid according to one of our three payment plans:
- Payment in full on July 20th directly to Xavier.
- Half payment on or before July 20th and the remainder on or before December 5th paid directly to Xavier.
- Monthly payments beginning in July through F.A.C.T.S. automatic deduction for a ten-month period.
Q. Is there financial aid available at Xavier?
A. Yes. Xavier High School allocates more than $1,000,000 each year in financial assistance.
Q. Will the names of students receiving financial aid be made public?
A. Absolutely not.
Q. If my son receives financial assistance, will we receive a check for the amount awarded?
A. No. Payment will be made directly to the Business Office, and the amount will be deducted from your tuition balance.
Q. Does Xavier have a formal tuition policy?
A. Yes. The Board of Directors of Xavier High School adopted the tuition policy printed below. The policy is adhered to rigorously; however, parents who are experiencing temporary financial difficulties may contact the Headmaster to discuss special arrangements.
- Tuition and Fees are due and payable on or before the dates specified in the payment schedule. Tuition, which is not received on the due date will be considered delinquent, and the school reserves the right to suspend from classes any student whose tuition is delinquent. Parents with accounts more than thirty days past due will be assessed a 1.5% late charge monthly and will be required to enroll in F.A.C.T.S. Tuition Management.
- Payment may be made in cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, or through F.A.C.T.S. Tuition Management. The school does reserve the right to require payment in cash or a bank check when:
a) payment is being made on a delinquent account;
b) payment on any account is made after the last due date;
c) the school has received a personal check, which has not cleared the bank.
- Returned checks will be assessed a $50 NSF charge to the student's tuition account.
- Parents or guardians who are experiencing financial difficulty should contact the Headmaster's office in writing.
- Students whose tuition is not paid will not be allowed to sit for mid-term and/or final examinations and may not be allowed to sit for the last week of classes before the end of each semester.