Mission & Philosophy
As a Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers and the Diocese of Norwich, Xavier High School fosters the spiritual, academic, and physical growth of its students and challenges them to use their God-given talents in service to others so that each Xavier graduate is fully prepared to respond to the Christian call of our school motto, “Be A Man".
We guide all students in educational and vocational needs, helping them prepare for college, for work, and above all, for life itself.
- To educate the whole person, spirit, mind and body within a Christian framework
- To expose students to various cultures in our diverse global community
- To form students who are sensitive to the needs of all human beings
- To encourage students to respond to the call of the gospel message through community service
- To help students develop individual decision making skills for the challenges of the future
- To prepare students for the rapidly changing information age of the 21st century