Our President Search
Since opening its doors in 1963, Xavier has been devoted to the Xaverian tradition of fostering excellence in scholarship, leadership and service. Moving forward, we remain as dedicated to that mission as we did 60 years ago.
As we search for our next leader, our goal is to keep all members of the Xavier community informed. This page is dedicated exclusively to the search effort. We will continue to update this page as the process continues. Throughout the process, you can find any communications about the search process here, including the names of the search committee members, and information about the firm helping us in the search. If you have any questions, please direct them to Xavier Director of Communications Steve Cunha ([email protected]).
Search Committee Members
- Brian Farrell, Jr. '86: Search Committee Chair, Xavier Board of Directors Vice Chair, Xavier Parent '18
- Peter Mondani '75: Xavier Board of Directors Chair, Xavier Parent '06, '10
- Ellen Ciampi: Xavier Board of Directors, Xavier Parent '17
- Fr. David Choquette '90: Xavier Board of Directors
- Andrew Gargano: Xavier Registrar/Mathematics Department Chair
- Jack Gastler '74: Xavier Board of Directors, Xavier Parent '05
- Mark Ryan '81: Past Xavier Board of Directors Chair
- Patrick Slattery '91: Executive Director, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored Schools
- Rich Feitel: Past Administrator, Parent '86, Grandfather '09, '10, '15, '24
- Rick Misenti '72: Interim Xavier President
- Susanne Figueredo Cook: Xavier Parent '18, '20, '24
President Position Description and Information
leader to become its next President, beginning June 2024. The successful candidate will be a superb
communicator and relationship-builder who will embrace Xavier’s mission and traditions while charting
a bold vision for a thriving future. Want to learn more about the position information and the job posting? Please click here for the position description.
About Carney, Sandoe & Associates
In early March, we began the process of developing a succession plan for the next Headmaster of Xavier High School.
As we look for our future President (the title has been changed from Headmaster), the Board of Directors have enlisted the help of Carney, Sandoe & Associates to assist in the search.
The group, which is based out of Boston, is one of the leading educational search firms in the country and helps place administrators and teachers in educational institutions across the nation. When selecting Carney, Sandoe & Associates, our board found the firm to be the perfect partner for this important process. Not only do Carney, Sandoe & Associates have an understanding of Xavier High School and a strong history of supporting Catholic schools during transition periods, but they’re deeply invested in helping us find the type of trusted leadership that has made Xavier one of the top private schools in New England the last 60 years.