The Peer Ministry Team has been an important part of Xavier’s history for many years, having gained a reputation as servant leaders, role models, and representatives of the school. Xavier has six teachers or administrators who were peer ministers during their senior year: David Applegate ‘98, Nick Cerreta ‘01, Brian Fitzgerald ‘99, Jeremy Fowler ‘94, Nick Grasso ‘05, and Jim Royce ’99.
Peer Ministers are expected to:
- Attend XLI (Xavier Leadership Institute), our summer leadership retreat, in August.
- Attend regular meetings once or twice a week throughout the school year, from 7:30–8 a.m.
- Set a good example as a role model in the Xavier community.
- Move beyond their comfort zone and face new challenges, such as giving talks and leading group discussions.
- Attend all Sophomore Saturday retreats.
- Volunteer for other activities at the request of the Campus Ministry Team.
Peer Ministers may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
- Serve at Mass as a lector, altar server, gift bearer, or banner bearer.
- Lead group discussions on student retreats.
- Give talks at student retreats.
- Represent Xavier at events in our local community.
- Speak about their Xavier experience at parent nights.
- Participate in school-wide Advent and Lenten reflections/prayer services.
- Lead school-wide morning prayer over the P.A. system.
- Lead prayer at other school events, such as orientation days.
- Design and facilitate retreats for local Catholic middle school students.
- Organize and lead service trips in the local community.
Peer Ministers for 2020-2021 School Year