Swim & Dive
Xavier High School competes in the Southern Connecticut Conference in the Division One West Conference at the Class L level. As a member of one of Connecticut's most competitive conferences, Xavier regularly faces the toughest opponents that the state of Connecticut has to offer.
- First day of practice is Dec. 5.
- New & Returning Athletes and Parents meeting on Dec. 9 after practice.
- Practices run from 6:30 - 8:45 p.m. during the week and from 8:15 - 10:45 a.m. on Saturday at Wesleyan University.
- Dryland/weight room practice will be held from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at Xavier. The team will have a dryland component to practice on Saturday.
- The head coach is Ronald Vaughan (email@example.com). The assistant coach is David Applegate. The diving coach is Adam Gauthier.
The captains are Yavier Carbo-Colon '20, Donald Frost '21 and Andrew Mitchill '21.
- All-SCC: 200-yard medley relay (Mitchell Wollen, Andrew Mitchill, Yavier Carbo-Colon, Donald Frost); 200-yard freestyle (Mitchill), 50-yard freestyle (Frost), 100-yard butterfly (Frost), 100-yard breaststroke (Mitchill), and 400-yard freestyle relay (Wollen, Frost, Noah San Vicente, Mitchill).
- CHSCA All-State: Mitchill, 500 freestyle, 100 breaststroke); 200 medley relay (Wollen, Carbo-Colon, Mitchill, Frost).
- Class L: Xavier finished fourth, setting three school records (200-yard medley relay, 500 freestyle, 400-yard freestyle relay).
- Season Wrap: Xavier was 10-3 in the regular season and third in the SCC meet, up from 10th in 2017. The Falcons were fourth in the Class L meet, up four spots from 2017. At the State Open, their 14th place finish was up from 25th in 2017. The 200-yard medley relay team of Wollen, Mitchill, Carbo-Colon and Frost reached the podium with a fifth-place finish at the State Open. The four combined to win the event in Class L. That gave them All-State status.