The Southern Connecticut Conference posted a story about the last decade. These are the Xavier mentions:
- The Falcons had the fourth-most state titles in the league from 2010-2019 with 13. That tied them with Amity Regional.
- Xavier was one of three SCC teams to win state championships in football in 2012. The Falcons (Class LL) joined Daniel Hand (L) and Hillhouse (M). No other league has accomplished that in football. That was during a great streak in football for the Falcons, who won four state titles in a five-year span from 2010 to 2014. Xavier was the No. 1 team in the state in 2010 and 2011.
- The 2017 Xavier cross country season was one for the books: SCC, State Open and New England titles. The Falcons capped that off with a Nike/Northeast Regional Championship on Nov. 24, 2017.
- Xavier won the SCC, Class L and State Open wrestling titles in 2012.
- Chris Fosdick shot a 4-under 67 at the inaugural CIAC Boys State Open golf event. Fosdick was a four-time All-SCC honoree and two-time SCC Golfer of the Year.
Mercy got a mention for this great moment in a state championship girls basketball game at Mohegan Sun Arena. In 2013, Maria Weslyj's three-pointer at the buzzer gave Mercy the Class LL title over Lauralton Hall, 54-53. It was Mercy's first state title after falling in the finals the previous three years.
For the SCC decade in review go to https://tinyurl.com/w3vxtvg.
Xavier High School is a private, Catholic all-boys school in Middletown, CT., and a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School.