Xavier High School will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27 in response to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Connecticut.
Xavier is currently planning to resume classes on Monday, March 30. Over the next two weeks, school officials will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 closely with the Middletown Public Schools, the Middletown Department of Health and other local health officials.
As of Tuesday, March 17, Xavier will begin online learning programs for students. This weekend, Academic Dean Kyle St. George will email instructions for online learning and the school's expectations regarding the next two weeks. Students will be required to log in and participate in online learning for each of their classes daily. Teachers will be contacting students with any additional information specific to a course. Any families with internet or WI-FI issues, please contact the main office. Students with on-campus or Office 365 issues should contact our technology team at email@example.com.
The third quarter is scheduled to close on Thursday, March 19. Given the circumstances, the school is currently reviewing the logistics of closing out the quarter. An email regarding this decision will be sent out to families and students next week.
The school also has taken other important measures to ensure the health and safety of our community moving forward. Here are the most up-to-date announcements regarding Xavier High School and our students:
- Starting Friday, March 13, there will be no sports or after-school activities.
- All athletic fields and facilities are closed.
- The CIAC is meeting next Wednesday, March 18 to discuss spring sports. A communication from Xavier regarding spring sports will be sent out after that meeting.
- Until further notice, no visitors will be allowed at Xavier. If there is a need to come to Xavier, please contact the main office.
- The Xavier Junior Retreat has been postponed.
- All sports banquets over the next two weeks are postponed or cancelled.
- If a student has medication at the school or anything that has to be picked up, it must be done on either Monday, March 16 or Tuesday, March 17.
With the situation continuing to evolve, Xavier plans to communicate with our families weekly through email. If something changes, Xavier will contact parents as soon as possible to make sure they are informed and capable of making the best decisions.
As administrators, teachers, staff members and most importantly as a community, Xavier is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its students, faculty and staff.