Classic Car Club
The Classic Car Club meets on a regular basis to discuss our mutual interests in classic cars and to plan for the annual Kalber Car Show at Xavier High School.
We're an active club that looks to raise money for a Xavier Scholarship fund.
The 12th edition of the Kalber Car Show will be held on May 4th, 2019.
We hope to see you there! And if you're interested in becoming a member or just curious about what we do, please email Jon Kee Vose at JoVose@xavierhighschool.org
The 12th Annual Eric J. Kalber Car Show
Every year, the Classic Car Club honors the memory of Eric J. Kalber '04 by hosting the car show to help raise money for a scholarship in his name.
The scholarship provides financial aid to a deserving Xavier sophomore going into his junior year, who has worked to his maximum potential.
Kalber died in car accident a little over a year after graduating.
In 2018, the Classic Car Club partnered with Eric's dad, Bob Kalber; his mom, Sheri Amato and his aunt and uncle, Danica and Richard Levesque to continue the Eric J. Kalber Car Show that had been previously run by the the family for 10 years.
It is our mission to keep the memory of Eric alive and help support the future of Xavier.
Want to become a Classic Car Club member?
In order to maintain a membership, you must show up to meetings regularly, participate in the planning and organizing of the Eric J. Kalber car show, attend car shows to market the Eric J. Kalber car show and help work the Eric J. Kalber Car Show.
Purpose and Objectives of Classic Car Club
- Successfully host the Kalber car show and raise money for the Eric J. Kalber Scholarship
- Learning how to develop a charity event from beginning to end (building a website, getting sponsors, participants, food vendors, entertainment, silent auction, trophies, etc.)
- To have meaningful discussions on our mutual interests of classic cars
- To have fun!
Goals for 2018-2019 School Year
- Plan and coordinate the Kalber car show and successfully raise funds for the Erik Kalber Scholarship.
- Goal to reach $3,000 this year.
- To have fun and discuss cars