Our Employment Opportunities
Xavier and Mercy have been helping students chase their dreams since 1963.
Want to join us?
Check out our employment opportunities below.
Whenever a job opens up at Xavier or Mercy, we will post it here.
Thanks for interest in Xavier and Mercy!
Xavier Director of Admissions
Xavier High School in Middletown, CT seeks energetic candidates with prior admissions experience to begin duties on July 1, 2021. Xavier is located in central Connecticut and draws students from 55 cities and towns. Xavier is an all-boys Catholic high school serving students in grades 9-12. This position requires previous admissions experience, the ability to adapt to the school’s technology standards, weekend duties, limited travel and evening events.
Xavier is one of 13 high schools in the Xaverian Brothers Sponsored Schools network. The schools are located on the east coast and Kentucky. Within the Catholic tradition and within the context of a Christian community, Xavier seeks to educate the whole man – spirit, mind and body. Through academic, religious, service, athletic and extracurricular programs, the school endeavors to form a man who is academically competent, spiritually alive and physically sound. By providing a community centered on Judeo-Christian values, the school seeks to support the student in his growth as a human being and to instill in him a sense of responsibility for the gifts, which are his.
The Director of Admissions:
- coordinates and supervises a comprehensive enrollment management program
- plans out the admissions budget
- develops and executes strategic marketing initiatives
- develops print, digital, and multimedia marketing materials
- coordinates, manages, and supervises recruitment visits, the shadow day program, tours, and information sessions
- plans, coordinates, and advertise for Open Houses and other opportunities for prospective students and their families to learn about Xavier
- administers the entrance exam, pre-HSPT, and coordinates test preparation sessions
- chairs the admission committee and works with the principal and deans to evaluate candidates for admission
- ensures a high yield of accepted students through events (including the Honors Dinner, Accepted Students and Parents meeting, home receptions) and communications
- nurtures partnerships with middle schools through school visits, ongoing communication with principals and teacher recognition events to ensure a robust applicant pipeline
- oversees international student program
- plans and executes Expedition Xavier, Falcon Blast, and transfer orientation
- coordinates the Big/Little Falcon Program in consultation with the administration
- tracks students considering withdrawing from Xavier and conduct exit interviews with families
- serves as the chairperson of the Recruitment and Retention committees
- serves as the moderator of the Ambassador’s club
- serves on the financial aid committee
- develops enrollment projections using statistics on demographics and admissions
- prepares materials for the Board of Directors
- fulfills other duties assigned by the Headmaster
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and a list of three references by April 16, 2021 to:
Xavier High School
181 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
*References will not be contacted unless the candidate is a finalist for the position
Xavier Math Teacher
Xavier High School is seeking applicants for a full time mathematics teaching position. The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate a passion for working with adolescent boys in a Catholic, college-prep setting;
- support and uphold the mission of a Catholic and Xaverian educational community;
- possess at least a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree is preferred) in mathematics (or a related field);
- ability to teach Engineering is a plus, but not necessary;
- have experience teaching in a high school setting;
- have superior interpersonal skills;
- be open to incorporating technology into a BYOD learning environment;
- be open to taking a role in the community outside of the classroom.
Interested candidates should send the following to the attention of Mr. Brendan Donohue, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Statement of Educational Philosophy
Three letters of recommendation