Tuition & Value
- $16,100 (Catholics registered with the Norwich Diocese)
- $16,400 (Catholics registered outside the Norwich Diocese)
- $16,600 (Catholics Not Registered and Non-Catholics)
For questions call Director of Enrollment Management Matthew McCaffrey at 860-346-7735, ext. 743, or email him at [email protected].
- Activity Fee: $240 (all students)
- Registration Fee: $50 (new students)
- Graduation Fee: $100 (all seniors)
- Busing Fee: $1,700
- Parking Fee $100 (for juniors and seniors driving to school)
- Sophomore Retreat $55 (all sophomores)
- Class trips (sophomores, juniors, seniors) $45
Costs range approximately between $600 and $800 depending on how many are bought new or used. We have partnered with MBS Direct, an online book company to provide books to students.
MBS Direct will buy back used books at the end of each school year and offer used books for sale out of their inventory.
All tuition and fees are collected online through Tuition Management. Tuition and fees may be paid by credit card or automatic withdrawal from a savings or checking account. There is a $38 annual enrollment fee with Tuition Management.
Plan A: Payment in full on or before July 25, 2022.
Plan B: A two-payment option with payments due on or before July 25, 2022 and December 5, 2022.
Plan C: Monthly payment plan beginning in July 2022. Payments are automatically deducted from your account on a ten-month payment schedule. All students’ tuition must be paid in full by April 2023.
Tuition refund policy: If a student withdrawal is authorized for good cause by the Administration, and if the normal withdrawal procedure of discussion with guidance personnel, parents, and academic administrators has been followed, a written request may be made for a refund of tuition. Down payments and other fees are never refundable. If a student is expelled, there shall be no refund of tuition. Selection of payment options is a financial accommodation to parents and does not relieve them of the responsibility to complete the tuition for that year.
The following guidelines, applied in relation to the full-year tuition only, will serve as the basis to determine tuition refunds.
- Prior to Aug. 1, 2022, students withdrawing from school will forfeit any deposit and fees paid but will be entitled to complete reimbursement of any other tuition dollars paid.
- Students withdrawing after the first full week of school are entitled to a refund of tuition monies paid in excess of 50% of the annual tuition. Parents, who choose payment option C, are required to complete the payment of 50% of the tuition.
- Students withdrawing on or after Feb. 1, 2023 are not entitled to a refund.
Last year, Xavier High School awarded over $1,400,000 in tuition assistance. For those interested in applying for tuition assistance for the 2022-2023 school year, you can do so by completing the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment beginning October 15, 2021. All applications must be complete by December 30, 2021.
All financial aid and scholarship awards are deducted from the family's account.
Parents who are experiencing temporary financial difficulties may contact the Headmaster to discuss special arrangements.
FACTS Tuition Management LoginLOGIN HERE
• 2nd Child at Xavier or Mercy – deduct $1,000
• 3rd Child at Xavier or Mercy – deduct $1,000
• 4th Child at Xavier or Mercy – Free
• Sibling discounts only apply to the youngest child at Mercy or Xavier.
• Either the Catholic School Discount or Sibling Discount apply (not both).
- Brother Robert, C.F.X., Honors Scholarship: 100 percent scholarship to the top scorer on the Entrance Exam.
- Bishop Vincent Hines Honors Memorial Scholarship: $7,000 scholarship for students who score 99 percent.
- Thomas Pierce Honors Memorial Scholarship: $3,500 scholarship for students who score 98 percent.
- Thomas Aiello Honors Memorial Scholarship: $3,000 scholarship for students who score 97 percent.
- Brother David Eddy, C.F.X., Honors Memorial Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship for students who score 96 percent.
- Alumni Honors Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 scholarship for students who score 95 percent.
Catholic Middle School Discount
CHET (529 Savings Program)
End Result: Xavier Education Pays Dividends At College Level
Each year Xavier High School sends students off to some of the finest universities and colleges in the land. The Class of 2021 was no different. Williams, Northeastern, Villanova, Notre Dame, UConn, Fairfield, Hartford, Quinnipiac, Holy Cross, Assumption, George Washington, Penn State ... and the list goes on and on. Some stats:
100: Percentage of students who take SAT or ACT.
98: Percentage of students who have gone on to higher education in the most recent five years ending in 2019.
$7 million: Average amount of scholarship money earned by 2015-2019 graduating classes.
Respect: How A Xavier Education Is Viewed
“I know that students from Xavier are going to be prepared to take on the rigor of a place like RPI, especially from a math and science standpoint. Furthermore, students from Xavier are good citizens and that often comes across clearly in their applications through their commitment to helping others.” RPI Admissions Counselor Jim Driggs
Affordability: We're Here To Help
$1,800,200: Financial aid and scholarship dollars awarded for the 2021-2022 school year.
46%: Percentage of students who received financial aid in 2019-2020.
$4,200: Average financial aid award in 2019-2020.