Our Employment Opportunities
Xavier and Mercy have been helping students chase their dreams since 1963.
Want to join us?
Check out our employment opportunities below.
Whenever a job opens up at Xavier or Mercy, we will post it here.
Thanks for your interest in Xavier and Mercy!
Mercy School Counselor
Mercy High School is seeking applicants for a full-time/part-time School Counseling position. The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate a passion for working with high school girls in a Catholic, college-prep setting
- support and uphold the mission of a Catholic and Mercy educational community
- possess a master’s degree in school counseling or related discipline
- counsel and support students with academic, social, and emotional issues
- conduct classroom programs to meet the developmental needs of students
- organize and oversee the AP program
- consult, collaborate, and communicate with administrators, teachers, staff, and parents to meet the needs of students in the school setting
- advise students with class selection and scheduling
- meet with students and parents to guide them through the college process
- be available for occasional evening and weekend programs
- possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- be open to taking a role in the community outside of the classroom
- Reports to the President
- Oversees the development staff
- Works closely with the Board of Trustees, Alumnae Association, Home and School Association and volunteer leaders
- Collaborates with Director of Finance, Director of Admissions, and Director of Communications and Public Relations
Recognizing that Mercy High School is a Catholic school instilled with the charism and traditions of the Sisters of Mercy, candidates will be expected to subscribe to and embrace the school’s mission. Preference will be given to individuals of the Catholic faith who possess the required background and experience:
College or a university, including annual giving, major giving, and planned giving programs;5-7 years of development experience, preferably with an independent school,
- Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts of $50,000 or more;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in order to serve as a highly visible leader and effectively market and communicate the values and mission ofthe school;
- Leadership experience to effectively lead and motivate the development staffand volunteers;
- Experience working with a President/CEO, Board of Trustees, community leaders, foundations and businesses to raise funds;
- Experience in writing grants and proposals to various types of foundations;
- Ability to identify and implement best practices related to institutional advancement and donor cultivation;
- Passionate about single gender secondary education for young women and Catholic education;
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic and confidence;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary; limited travel;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Interested candidates should send the following to the attention of
Mrs. Melissa Bullock, Principal of Academics and Technology at email@example.com.
Resume, Cover Letter, Statement of Educational Philosophy, transcripts and three letters of recommendation should accompany the application.
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the physical plant and the grounds of the school.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE: The Custodian is accountable to the Director of Maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Mechanical skills, maintenance experience, experience in a school setting preferred.
• Performs general cleaning and maintenance tasks that support the daily operation of the building and grounds.
• Assists and identifies needs ensuring the safety and condition of the physical plant and grounds.
• As assigned, works with outside contractors and supply vendors to ensure the needs of the school are met.
• Assists with COVID-management cleaning procedures.
• Performs in-house repairs and preventative maintenance.
• As assigned, responsible for the set-up of functions for internal needs and external groups.
• As needed, works with other custodial staff on snow removal.
This is a full time, second shift (2pm-10pm) position during the school year, yet some occasional flexibility (for example, with snow removal) is appreciated. During the summer and school vacations, the full time schedule is during the day.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2021.